So, you decided to get Invisalign, and everything is going smoothly. While you probably like your non-invasive aligners and how good you look in them, you are most likely unsure of the best way to clean your aligners. Here are some tips on how to keep Invisalign aligners clean.
1. Brush them similar to how you would your natural teeth. Aligners need the same care as the rest of your mouth and brushing is the best way to do it. Make sure you use a soft brush, and do not use toothpaste, as it can stain the aligners. It is recommended that you use a clear anti-bacterial soap instead of toothpaste.
2. Brush and floss before putting your aligners back into your mouth. Making sure your teeth are free of food particles is as good as making sure your aligners are. At the very least, rinse your mouth before insertion.
3. Store them in a safe, hygienic place. Always rinse the aligners upon taking them out to ensure that your saliva does not dry on them. Then, store them in a glass of water or a sealed container.
4. Use a cleaning agent approved by your Pasadena Invisalign provider. You can also purchase a vibratory bath, which mixes cleansing crystals with warm water to relieve the aligners of bacteria.
5. Home remedies, which can include shaving cream, hydrogen peroxide, jewelry cleaner, and vinegar. Be sure to ask your doctor for more input, though.
If you have more questions about oral hygiene while using Invisalign, talk to our expert in Invisalign braces in Pasadena.