Although our goal is to preserve natural teeth whenever possible, dental extractions are necessary and even unavoidable in some cases. Our dentist in North Hollywood offers a variety of treatments designed to preserve and restore the natural tooth, but significant trauma, advanced decay, and certain treatment needs can necessitate the removal of the tooth to save the other teeth.
You might benefit from an extraction if you have:
• A tooth that has been too badly damaged to save
• A tooth with severe decay or cavities
• An impacted tooth
• A diseased or impacted wisdom teeth
• An infected tooth
• A tooth that is threatening the health of nearby teeth
• Teeth that have been loosened or damaged by periodontal disease
Some candidates for orthodontic treatment might also benefit from extractions if they have badly crowded teeth and a jaw that cannot be properly expanded.
In most cases, an extraction can be performed under local anesthesia. Today’s technology enables us to complete this procedure safely, effectively, and comfortably. We can discuss your restoration options at the time of your extraction. Call us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment with our expert in dental extraction in Hollywood.