Not everyone feels completely calm and comfortable in the dental chair, but with sedation dentistry, relaxation is a possibility. Our dentist in Huntington Beach offers sedatives that can give you a pleasant, painless dental experience without any of the discomfort you may have come to expect from a trip to the dentist.
You may be a candidate for sedation dentistry if you have:
• Dental phobia
• A history of unpleasant dental experiences
• Needle phobia
• Sensitive gag reflex
• Extremely sensitive teeth
• Difficulty getting numb
• A history of dental neglect
• Certain physical problems that affect your ability to sit for long periods
• Scheduling issues that require you to have several procedures completed in a single appointment
Several types of sedation are available, including inhaled and oral sedation. Inhaled sedation is administered through a mask that is placed over the nose. It consists of nitrous oxide mixed with oxygen, and the effects are felt almost immediately. Oral sedation is administered through anti-anxiety medications. Many people can benefit from sedation dentistry, especially if they struggle with anxiety, dental phobia, or other issues that have prevented them from seeking dental care in the past. Call our expert in dental sedation in Huntington Beach to learn more about your sedation options.